Category: Articles

A collection of articles and essays written by members concerning the history of Whittlesea and surrounds.

Further reading on the City of Whittlesea’s local history:

Chinese Settlement in the Whittlesea Shire Arthur Yong
Education at Whittlesea 1848-1978 J W Payne
Historic Views of the City of Whittlesea. Robert Wuchatsch & Gwen Hawke (*)(#)
Historic Buildings of the Whittlesea Shire Robert Wuchatsch & John Waghorn
Mayfield Presbyterian Church, Mernda. Richard Ely (#)
Nature’s Plenty. Michael Jones (#)
Reminiscences of Whittlesea E M Duffy
The English Church at Whittlesea J W Payne
The Plenty J W Payne
The Plenty Bushrangers of 1842: the first Europeans hanged in Victoria. Lindsay Mann (*)(#)
The Whittlesea Railway Robert Aquilina
Wooden Rails to Kinglake and Flowerdale R Alger
Whittlesea Township Heritage Walk. Angela Roper (*)(#)
Yan Yean: A History Dianne Edwards

(*) available for purchase through the Whittlesea Historical Society, refer to Publications page of this website.
(#) available for purchase at Whittlesea Courthouse Visitor Information Centre, cnr Beech & Church Sts, Whittlesea.
Note: many of these titles are available at the Yarra Plenty Regional Library, Mill Park. >>Visit web site