A collection of articles and essays written by members concerning the history of Whittlesea and surrounds.
Further reading on the City of Whittlesea’s local history:
- Chinese Settlement in the Whittlesea Shire Arthur Yong
- Education at Whittlesea 1848-1978 J W Payne
- Historic Views of the City of Whittlesea. Robert Wuchatsch & Gwen Hawke (*)(#)
- Historic Buildings of the Whittlesea Shire Robert Wuchatsch & John Waghorn
- Mayfield Presbyterian Church, Mernda. Richard Ely (#)
- Nature’s Plenty. Michael Jones (#)
- Reminiscences of Whittlesea E M Duffy
- The English Church at Whittlesea J W Payne
- The Plenty J W Payne
- The Plenty Bushrangers of 1842: the first Europeans hanged in Victoria. Lindsay Mann (*)(#)
- The Whittlesea Railway Robert Aquilina
- Wooden Rails to Kinglake and Flowerdale R Alger
- Whittlesea Township Heritage Walk. Angela Roper (*)(#)
- Yan Yean: A History Dianne Edwards
(*) available for purchase through the Whittlesea Historical Society, refer to Publications page of this website.
(#) available for purchase at Whittlesea Courthouse Visitor Information Centre, cnr Beech & Church Sts, Whittlesea.
Note: many of these titles are available at the Yarra Plenty Regional Library, Mill Park. >>Visit web site