Tatlow Drive – Epping
On the block of land now occupied by the Epping Secondary College, there was a two-storey bluestone house. Built by or for Richard Scale.
In 1947, the TATLOW family had purchased this property and lived there until the 1970’s when the Education Department bought the land from them. The bluestone house remained for a few years. It has long since been demolished but the nearby street of Tatlow Drive preserves the family’s memory.
Another connection with nearby streets is that Edgar Tatlow named his property “Derby Lodge” and when the land was sub-divided it was called the Derby Meadows Estate. As Derby was an English name the streets of the estate were given English names.