Tatlow Drive - Epping

On the block of land now occupied by the Epping Secondary College, there used to be an old two-storey bluestone house.


 In 1947, the TATLOW family had purchased this property and lived there until the 1970’s when the Education Department bought the land from them. The bluestone house remained there for a few years and was often referred to as the “haunted house” by the students. It has long since been demolished but the nearby street of Tatlow Drive preserves the family’s memory.

Another connection with nearby streets is that Tatlow named his property “Derby Lodge” and when the land was sub-divided it was called the Derby Meadows Estate. As Derby was an English name the streets were also given English names.