About the Society
The Whittlesea Historical Society meets on the third Sunday of each month at Whittlesea Bowls Club at 2 pm (except January), Visitors are most welcome to attend. Refer to the What’s On page for details.
Some of our aims include:
- Petition on behalf of local historic sites, buildings, trees, etc to Council or government,
- Undertake and promote the research of our history,
- Collect, conserve, compile and make available historic records,
- Establish and maintain a library and archives of that information,
- Disseminate knowledge of our history through lectures, publications, exhibitions, excursions and other means,
- Provide a means for people interested in the area’s history to meet, discuss and participate.
Some of our recent activities include:
- Presentation of events for the City of Whittlesea’s annual Cultural Heritage Program,
- Digitalisation of our photographic collection;
- Guest Speaker nights,
- Representation on the Yarra Plenty Heritage Forum,
- Outings to local places of interest,
- Attendance at workshops and seminars presented by the Royal Historical Society of Victoria,
- Production of biannual newsletter,
- Publication of Whittlesea Township Heritage Walk booklet.
Records digitised by this organisation on this web site are for the purposes of education and preservation. If you believe that we have infringed your copyright please contact us and we will remove the material from the site.